Minor girl raped in UP
Agra: A 13-year-old girl has allegedly been raped by two youths in the Itmadudaulah thana area here, police said on Monday.
According to a complaint filed by the victim`s relatives, the accused used to frequent the locality and picked up the girl on Saturday when she had gone to buy vegetables, and later allegedly raped her at the nearby Murshi forest, they said.
The girl was later found in a distraught condition at around 8:30 pm that day, at some distance away from her house, police said.
In the complaint, they also said that the girl was threatened by the accused of dire consequences if she revealed about the incident to anyone, police said.
The parents of the victim have also alleged that when they went to lodge a report at the Itmaduddaulah police station, they were turned away.
Later they met the Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG), Vijay Singh Meena, on whose order, a case was registered against the youths, who are absconding.
The police have ordered medical examination of the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations