Minor girl raped in UP
Agra: A 13-year-old girl has allegedly been raped by two youths in the Itmadudaulah thana area here, police said on Monday.
According to a complaint filed by the victim`s relatives, the accused used to frequent the locality and picked up the girl on Saturday when she had gone to buy vegetables, and later allegedly raped her at the nearby Murshi forest, they said.
The girl was later found in a distraught condition at around 8:30 pm that day, at some distance away from her house, police said.
In the complaint, they also said that the girl was threatened by the accused of dire consequences if she revealed about the incident to anyone, police said.
The parents of the victim have also alleged that when they went to lodge a report at the Itmaduddaulah police station, they were turned away.
Later they met the Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG), Vijay Singh Meena, on whose order, a case was registered against the youths, who are absconding.
The police have ordered medical examination of the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi