Minor girl raped, murdered in Rampur
Rampur: An 11-year-old girl was found dead with her throat slit open in a canal here, police said Thursday.
The girl went missing while her mother was away to attend a wedding on March 24. She could not be traced untill yesterday when her mother and some other women found her half clad body in a dried canal, Additional Police Superintendent Devesh Pandey said.
It is suspected that the girl was raped. A complaint has been registered against unknown person, he said.
Pandey said the postmorterm report suggests that the crime was committed at least 36 hours before the mutilated body was found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31