Minor girl`s body found in Barabanki
Barabanki: A minor girl was found dead with one of her kidneys missing in this Uttar Pradesh district, police said Sunday, adding that it could be "a case of human sacrifice".
The five-year-old girl`s decomposed body was recovered late Saturday from the fields near Ghungter village.
"The girl had gone to attend a marriage function along with her father June 8 in Ghungter village, and was missing since then," Superintendent of Police Navneet Rana told reporters Sunday night in Barabanki, some 35 km from Lucknow.
"Preliminary investigations indicate it could be a case of human sacrifice. As the kidney has not been taken out scientifically, we have completely ruled out that the incident could be linked with the illegal trade of organs," he added.
The autopsy report indicated that the girl was not raped, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO to launch weather satellite next month
- WATCH: Mohammad Amir dismisses England's Alex Hales with an absolute peach of a delivery
- In Indonesia, eat sumptuous food served in a commode literally! – Must Watch
- Unbelievable! This son of a billionaire works as aam aadmi
- Fresh clashes in Kashmir; one youth killed in firing, death toll rises to 45