Minor killed in firing during marriage in UP
Azamgarh: A six-year-old boy was killed while a woman got injured in a celebratory firing during a marriage function here, police said Monday.
Chhotu Rajbhar was killed while Manti Devi was injured in the incident that took place yesterday during the marriage function in Chandpur village of Jiyanpur area here, they said.
The injured has been admitted to a hospital here from where she was referred to Varanasi.
Investigations are on in the matter, police said, adding efforts are on to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre