Minor set afire for resisting rape attempt
Fatehpur: A teenager has been arrested from Jahanabad town here for allegedly setting ablaze a 12-year-old girl after she resisted his attempt to rape her, police said on Thursday.
Sharif (18) allegedly attempted to rape the girl when she was alone at home yesterday and when she raised raised an alarm, he set her on fire, bolted the room from outside and escaped, they said.
The victim has been admitted to the district hospital, where her condition was stated to be serious.
The youth was later arrested, Superintendent of Police R K Chaturvedi said.
- Just 1% of population pay taxes; over 5,000 paid more than Rs 1 crore
- 17 out of 30 sectors in negative zone in March in terms of exports
- Indiabulls Real Estate cuts debt by 16% to Rs 4,617 crore in FY16
- E-vehicle maker Clean Motion to invest $10 million in India
- Must watch VIDEO: This is possibly the best ever catch of IPL