`Minority reservation will lead to partition`
Jaunpur: Accusing the UPA government of
indulging in divisive politics, BJP leader Uma Bharati on Tuesday
said the Centre`s decision of minority reservation within the
OBC quota will create a rift between Muslims and Hindus and
lead to another partition of the country.
"Muslims are already included in 27 per cent quota
earmarked for backwards, but now the UPA government is
attacking the right of most backwards by giving a separate
reservation to Muslims. This would led to another partition of
the country," she said here.
She alleged that a rift is being created between Muslims
and Hindus in the name of reservation.
"The decision may benefit Congress in the Uttar Pradesh
polls, but would cause a huge damage to the country," she
She said the BJP is not anti-Muslim, but is in favour of
giving facilities to minorities on the basis of requirement
and not religion.
Bharati said prosperity and development of Muslims in
Gujarat are an example.
Asked about Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh`s
allegation that Anna Hazare has RSS links, Bharati said "Singh
and other Congress leaders are invited to attend shakhas of
the Sangh to learn patriotism."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday