Min`s comment on Lokayukta a BSP conspiracy: BJP
Lucknow: The BJP in Sunday alleged Energy
minister Ramveer Upadhyaya`s attack on Uttar Pradesh`s
Lokayukta was a pre-planned BSP`s conspiracy.
"It is an open allegation of the BJP that it happened as
part of a pre-planned conspiracy of the BSP," state party head
Surya Pratap Shahi said.
Accusing the Chief Minister of shielding tainted
ministers, Shahi said it was because of this Mayawati remained
mum over the issue.
"Everyone from the Election Commission to the Lokayukta
himself are surprised with the remark. Mayawati should clarify
what her intention is," he said.
Upadhyaya was embroiled in a controversy after he
launched an attack on Lokayukta Justice N K Mehrotra in an
election rally in Hathras district on Friday and even
threatened to get him removed.
The remark came under the scanner of the Election
Commission which said it was awaiting a report from the
Hathras District Magistrate in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez