Miscreants loot trader of gold jewellery
Gorakhpur (UP): A gold trader was robbed of jewellery worth Rs 25 lakh by two motorcycle-borne persons, who also critically injured him, police said on Saturday.
Manoj Kumar reached home after closing his shop last evening and was about to enter his house, when two miscreants tried to snatch away his bag which contained jewellery worth Rs 25 lakh, they said.
The miscreants fired at Manoj when he resisted the attempt and the bullet injured his arm, following which the assailants fled with the booty, police said.
The injured trader was admitted to district hospital in a serious condition but later taken to BRD Medical College here after his condition deteriorated, they said.
An investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic
- Heartbreaking! Nobody tried to save my daughter as she bled to death, says Infosys employee's father
- Barack Obama has trouble recalling deaths on 'Game of Thrones'
- Kriti Sanon denies holidaying in Thailand with Sushant Singh Rajput
- Freedom 251 smartphone delivery to start June 30; 2 lakh units to be shipped