Misleading to keep madrasas out of RTE: AIMPLB
Lucknow: Terming the Centre`s assurance of
keeping madrasas out of the ambit of Right to Education as
misleading, the All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB)
has announced to continue with its campaign against inclusion
of madrasas in the Act.
"The government recently gave a statement that madrasas
and other religious institutions will not be covered under RTE
Act which is misleading," members of AIMPLB Zafaryab Jilani
He said that while on one hand it has been said in the
act that madrasas would be excluded, in the other section it
has been stated that these institutions would be covered
under definition of schools mentioned in the law.
"This is completely contradictory," Jilani said.
He alleged that while on one hand the Centre is claiming
that there would be no effect of the law on madrasas, on the
other notices of closure were being send to institutions
failing to make arrangements as per the norms of the Act.
Union HRD Ministry in a statement had recently said
that madrasas and religious institutions have been kept out of
the ambit of RTE Act after Islamic seminary Darul Uloom
Deoband announced to launch a campaign against the law.
Jilani said that the board would resume its campaign,
which was suspended due to Ramzan, against inclusion of
madrasas under RTE from September month.
"A meeting of board`s working committee would be held
in October or November in which future strategy on the issue
would be chalked out," Jilani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla