Misleading to keep madrasas out of RTE: AIMPLB
Lucknow: Terming the Centre`s assurance of
keeping madrasas out of the ambit of Right to Education as
misleading, the All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB)
has announced to continue with its campaign against inclusion
of madrasas in the Act.
"The government recently gave a statement that madrasas
and other religious institutions will not be covered under RTE
Act which is misleading," members of AIMPLB Zafaryab Jilani
He said that while on one hand it has been said in the
act that madrasas would be excluded, in the other section it
has been stated that these institutions would be covered
under definition of schools mentioned in the law.
"This is completely contradictory," Jilani said.
He alleged that while on one hand the Centre is claiming
that there would be no effect of the law on madrasas, on the
other notices of closure were being send to institutions
failing to make arrangements as per the norms of the Act.
Union HRD Ministry in a statement had recently said
that madrasas and religious institutions have been kept out of
the ambit of RTE Act after Islamic seminary Darul Uloom
Deoband announced to launch a campaign against the law.
Jilani said that the board would resume its campaign,
which was suspended due to Ramzan, against inclusion of
madrasas under RTE from September month.
"A meeting of board`s working committee would be held
in October or November in which future strategy on the issue
would be chalked out," Jilani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- ISRO rocket launch postponed in wake of missing IAF aircraft search!
- What a talent! 'Kar chale hum fida' patriotic song by this street singer will give you goosebumps - WATCH
- Migrant arrivals inch up after failed Turkey coup: Greece
- Second French church attacker formally identified: Prosecutors
- HUGE HONOUR! PM Narendra Modi featured in Obama's DNC introduction video - WATCH