Missing Amity Univ student`s dead body found in Aligarh
Noida: An engineering student was abducted and killed allegedly by his elder brother`s three "friends" who had demanded Rs one crore ransom from his family.
The body of Rohit Singh, a B-Tech student of Amity University who had gone missing on March 20, was found in Aligarh yesterday and police today arrested Vivek, Saurabh and Vishal in this connection.
A missing person report was lodged at Sector 39 police station after Rohit, who hails from Aligarh could not be traced. However, his family members received a ransom call from kidnappers who demanded Rs one crore for his release.
The three accused, who were friendly with Rohit and his elder brother, allegedly took him to Panipat in Haryana. However, when they found out that the police was trailing them, they killed Rohit and dumped his body in Aligarh on the night of March 22-23.
Through electronic surveillance, police traced the three kidnappers, who also hail from Aligarh, and arrested them.
Vivek, Saurabh and Vishal have confessed to the crime,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP