Missing Amity Univ student`s dead body found in Aligarh
Noida: An engineering student was abducted and killed allegedly by his elder brother`s three "friends" who had demanded Rs one crore ransom from his family.
The body of Rohit Singh, a B-Tech student of Amity University who had gone missing on March 20, was found in Aligarh yesterday and police today arrested Vivek, Saurabh and Vishal in this connection.
A missing person report was lodged at Sector 39 police station after Rohit, who hails from Aligarh could not be traced. However, his family members received a ransom call from kidnappers who demanded Rs one crore for his release.
The three accused, who were friendly with Rohit and his elder brother, allegedly took him to Panipat in Haryana. However, when they found out that the police was trailing them, they killed Rohit and dumped his body in Aligarh on the night of March 22-23.
Through electronic surveillance, police traced the three kidnappers, who also hail from Aligarh, and arrested them.
Vivek, Saurabh and Vishal have confessed to the crime,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC