Missing Amity Univ student`s dead body found in Aligarh
Noida: An engineering student was abducted and killed allegedly by his elder brother`s three "friends" who had demanded Rs one crore ransom from his family.
The body of Rohit Singh, a B-Tech student of Amity University who had gone missing on March 20, was found in Aligarh yesterday and police today arrested Vivek, Saurabh and Vishal in this connection.
A missing person report was lodged at Sector 39 police station after Rohit, who hails from Aligarh could not be traced. However, his family members received a ransom call from kidnappers who demanded Rs one crore for his release.
The three accused, who were friendly with Rohit and his elder brother, allegedly took him to Panipat in Haryana. However, when they found out that the police was trailing them, they killed Rohit and dumped his body in Aligarh on the night of March 22-23.
Through electronic surveillance, police traced the three kidnappers, who also hail from Aligarh, and arrested them.
Vivek, Saurabh and Vishal have confessed to the crime,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review