Missing B Tech student found dead
Kanpur: Body of a B Tech student, missing since last 15 days, was recovered from a drainage near Kalyanpur police station, police said on Wednesday.
"Body of Sachin Kumar (20), a student of second year B.Tech from a private engineering college was found yesterday," said Rajesh Yadav, Circle Officer of the Kalyanpur police station.
He had been missing since last fifteen days and his family members had informed the police.
"It seems that he had been murdered and his body was later thrown into the drain. We are also probing if he was involved in any love affair," said Yadav.
"His body has been sent for post-mortem and further investigations are on," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH