Missing B Tech student found dead
Kanpur: Body of a B Tech student, missing since last 15 days, was recovered from a drainage near Kalyanpur police station, police said on Wednesday.
"Body of Sachin Kumar (20), a student of second year B.Tech from a private engineering college was found yesterday," said Rajesh Yadav, Circle Officer of the Kalyanpur police station.
He had been missing since last fifteen days and his family members had informed the police.
"It seems that he had been murdered and his body was later thrown into the drain. We are also probing if he was involved in any love affair," said Yadav.
"His body has been sent for post-mortem and further investigations are on," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees