Missing children: NHRC notice to UP Govt
New Delhi: Taking serious note of reports of 90 children going missing from Ghaziabad in the last six months, the National Human Rights Commission has issued notice to the Uttar Pradesh government and sought a detailed report on the issue.
"Taking suo motu cognisance, the NHRC has issued notices to the Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary and the District Magistrate of Ghaziabad and asked them to submit reports in four weeks on allegations that at least 90 children have gone missing in Ghaziabad from January 1 to July 1 this year," a statement from NHRC said.
The Commission said that last year, about 251 children had allegedly gone missing from the district and out of them, 115 children have not been traced so far.
"There may be several other instances in Ghaziabad where the police might not have registered the missing report in respect of the missing children," the Commission said, adding the allegations, if true, raise serious issue of violation of human rights of children.
The right`s body has also asked the UP Chief Secretary and Ghaziabad Deputy Magistrate to inform it whether the "guidelines on missing children" by the Commission were being strictly followed to tackle the problem of missing children in the state and in particular in Ghaziabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?