Missing gangrape victim found, married to accused
Meerut: A 17-year-old girl, who had allegedly gone missing after being gangraped, was today found from the house of one of the accused, with whom the victim claimed she got "married", police said on Saturday.
The victim, a resident of Fatehpur village in Kithor district, was allegedly gangraped by four persons identified as Sartaj, Shahzad, Salman and Shahbaz on April 14, following which a case had been registered against them.
While Salman and Shahbaz have been arrested, the other two are on the run, police said.
Four days back, the girl went missing following which her family complained that she had been abducted.
The family protested in front of the SSP office here on Wednesday. Yesterday they demonstrated before the DIG office and threatened to immolate themselves.
Police today claimed to have traced the girl to the house of accused Shahzad at Kithor area and said she had married the youth.
However, Shahzad could not be traced, they said.
According to Area Officer Mahendra Kumar, the victim has given in writing that she "willfully" ran away and got married to Shahzad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest