Missing IIT student was seeking peace in Haridwar
Kanpur: The IIT student, who allegedly went missing from the campus after he failed to clear a group discussion as part of placement process, went to Haridwar for "finding peace" and has returned to the campus.
Naveen Kumar Jha, a second year student of M.Tech, was reported to be missing since Monday by the IIT administration. But he returned yesterday and said that he had gone to Haridwar to "find peace" as he was disappointed after he failed in the placement process.
A K Ghosh, Dean of Students Welfare, said the administration will not take any disciplinary action against Jha and he is being counselled by counsellors at IIT.
Ghosh said the process of campus placements was underway and Naveen appeared in a company`s group discussion but did not clear it.
"On Monday night, when the hostel warden went for a routine round, he found the door of Naveen`s room open and his mobile, laptop and ATM card on his bed. The warden thought he might have gone out somewhere," he said.
However, when he did not return till yesterday morning, the warden enquired from his friends, who said he was disappointed after the group discussion and was not talking to anyone, Ghosh said.
A missing persons` complaint was registered last night and his brother was also informed. "We were hopeful that he will come back soon as the placement process is not yet over and he is expected to get a good offer," Ghosh said.
Police had formed a team to look for Naveen and the possibility of him committing suicide due to disappointment was also being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!