`Missing` married woman comes back after betrayed by lover
Ghaziabad: A `missing` woman, whose husband
was arrested on charges of her kidnap and murder, turned up at
her parent`s house after she was abandoned by the man with
whom she eloped, police said on Saturday.
"The woman, identified as Sheela, got married to Suraj in
Shajanpur in 2005. The man then came to Ghaziabad along with
wife for job. In 2008, Sheela disappeared from her house
following which her parents lodged a report accusing Suraj of
kidnapping and murdering here," SSP Raghubir Lal said.
Acting on the parents` complaint, police arrested Suraj
and lodged him in jail where he remained for eight months
before he was granted bail by Allahabad High Court, he said.
Last week, Sheela returned to her parents` home in
Shajanpur and expressed desire to live with her husband.
According to police, the woman had eloped with her
paramour and started living with him. However, her lover left
her following which she came back.
Lal said her statements will be recorded in court and
action will be taken against those police personnel who
arrested the husband without making proper enquiry.
Meanwhile, Suraj refused to take his wife back, police
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative