Missing minor girl`s body found in UP`s Lakhimpur
Lakhimpur: The body of a missing 13-year-old girl was on Thursday recovered from a sugarcane field in a semi-nude condition in Nighasan police limits, police said here.
The girl was reported missing on Tuesday evening when she had gone to the fields to collect fodder for cattle, they said.
Superintendent of Police Arvind Sen Yadav said the girl died due to strangulation.
"The dead body has been sent for post-mortem examination by a panel of four doctors and the entire proceeding will be videographed," Yadav said.
The victim`s clothes were recovered at some distance from the body, which prima facie indicate murder after rape, he said.
"But it is only after postmortem that rape can be ascertained," he added.
Citing statements of the girl`s family, Yadav said a case of family feud has also come to light and we will probe this angle also.
The SP said appropriate action will be taken after the post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'