Missing Rajasthan girl found, raped by abductors for 2 months
Mathura: A girl from Alwar village in Rajasthan, who had been missing for past two months, has been found and was allegedly repeatedly raped and tortured by her two abductors, police said on Saturday.
The girl was abducted on June 23 by two youths from her village soon after she arrived here with a group of women for pilgrimage at Govardhan, they said.
While the `Parikrama` (circumambulation) was in progress, the two boys -- Randip and Narendra -- took her to an isolated place and raped her. She remained in their captivity till August 17 and was repeatedly raped and beaten with iron rod if she refused.
Fearing arrest, the two youths on August 17 tried to get rid of the girl by sending her off on an Ajmer-bound train.
On reaching Ajmer, the girl narrated her ordeal to the personnel at the Government Railway Police (GRP) station.
A case was immediately registered and then transferred to Govardhan police station in Mathura.
The girl has reunited with her parents and they have demanded immediate arrest of the two youths.
The police are on a look out for the two boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region