Missing Rajasthan girl found, raped by abductors for 2 months
Mathura: A girl from Alwar village in Rajasthan, who had been missing for past two months, has been found and was allegedly repeatedly raped and tortured by her two abductors, police said on Saturday.
The girl was abducted on June 23 by two youths from her village soon after she arrived here with a group of women for pilgrimage at Govardhan, they said.
While the `Parikrama` (circumambulation) was in progress, the two boys -- Randip and Narendra -- took her to an isolated place and raped her. She remained in their captivity till August 17 and was repeatedly raped and beaten with iron rod if she refused.
Fearing arrest, the two youths on August 17 tried to get rid of the girl by sending her off on an Ajmer-bound train.
On reaching Ajmer, the girl narrated her ordeal to the personnel at the Government Railway Police (GRP) station.
A case was immediately registered and then transferred to Govardhan police station in Mathura.
The girl has reunited with her parents and they have demanded immediate arrest of the two youths.
The police are on a look out for the two boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it