Misuse of MNREGS funds: Case against village head
Ballia: A case has been registered against a village head and two others for illegally withdrawing Rs 71,000 from MNREGS funds without getting any work done, police said on Monday.
The FIR was lodged against Chilkahar village head Manoj Kumar Saini and two others at Gadwar police station yesterday after District Magistrate Vijyendra Pandiyan detected the fraud, they said.
The village head and two others withdrew Rs 71,380 in two instalments from MNREGS account without getting the work done in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference