MLAs harassed in Bareilly jail: SP
Lucknow: Welcoming controversial MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya`s release from Bareilly jail, Samajwadi Party on Saturday alleged elected representatives, including the independent legislator, were harassed in the prison.
The UP government harassed elected representatives in the jail. "The government made efforts to ensure that they remain behind the bars," Leader of Opposition in UP and senior SP
leader Shivpal Yadav told reporters here.
Raja Bhaiya, arrested for allegedly threatening and trying to kill a panchayat poll candidate in UP, was released on bail yesterday following an Allahabad Court order.
Raja Bhaiya and 10 others -- including SP MP Shailendra
Kumar, SP MLA Vinod Saroj and SP MLC Akshay Pratap Singh alias
Gopalji -- were arrested on December 19 on a complaint by
Manoj Kumar Shukla, the BSP candidate for Babuganj block head
post alleging that the independent MLA and his aides had tried
to murder him.
Yadav alleged the leaders were arrested in fake cases. Accusing the ruling BSP of indulging in corruption, he said black money from the was deposited in foreign banks
through Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan.
"A thorough inquiry should be into Hasan Ali case as it will reveal big names and major exposures will be made," Yadav claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'