MLAs harassed in Bareilly jail: SP
Lucknow: Welcoming controversial MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya`s release from Bareilly jail, Samajwadi Party on Saturday alleged elected representatives, including the independent legislator, were harassed in the prison.
The UP government harassed elected representatives in the jail. "The government made efforts to ensure that they remain behind the bars," Leader of Opposition in UP and senior SP
leader Shivpal Yadav told reporters here.
Raja Bhaiya, arrested for allegedly threatening and trying to kill a panchayat poll candidate in UP, was released on bail yesterday following an Allahabad Court order.
Raja Bhaiya and 10 others -- including SP MP Shailendra
Kumar, SP MLA Vinod Saroj and SP MLC Akshay Pratap Singh alias
Gopalji -- were arrested on December 19 on a complaint by
Manoj Kumar Shukla, the BSP candidate for Babuganj block head
post alleging that the independent MLA and his aides had tried
to murder him.
Yadav alleged the leaders were arrested in fake cases. Accusing the ruling BSP of indulging in corruption, he said black money from the was deposited in foreign banks
through Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan.
"A thorough inquiry should be into Hasan Ali case as it will reveal big names and major exposures will be made," Yadav claimed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'