Mob blocks road alleging police inaction in Noida
Noida: A mob Thursday blocked GT road and set ablaze vehicles to protest police inaction in an eve-teasing incident that resulted in the death of a youth.
Two accused were arrested today evening in connection with the incident in which Ravinder died last night, police said.
According to police, one Mool Chand Sharma last night stopped some youths from eve-teasing girls.
The angry youths fired at Sharma who escaped unhurt, they said, adding, he then complained to the police.
Following this, the youths reached Sharma`s house and opened fire, in which Ravinder died and two persons were injured, they said.
Police reached a local dairy to nab the accused this morning, after which exchange of firing took place between police and the criminals, they said.
Police said the criminals outnumbered them and they went back to get additional force.
Following this, agitated mob went on rampage alleging police inaction in the case, they said.
Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) has been deployed in the area to avert flare-up of violence, they said.
Arun and Ashok have been arrested in connection with the incident and a manhunt has been launched to trace the other accused, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof