Mob indulges in violence, arson in UP
Lucknow: Infuriated over no power supply for the past some days, an irate mob on Monday indulged in arson and brick-batting in Jyotibaphule Nagar district.
The crowd, protesting at the Sambhal crossing under Hasanpur police station area, indulged in brick-batting and set several vehicles including a roadways bus, a truck, a police jeep and two motorcycles on fire, IG (Law and Order) B P Singh said.
The police had to used mild force to control the mob and bring the situation under control, he said adding that 20 people have been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO