Mob indulges in violence, arson in UP
Lucknow: Infuriated over no power supply for the past some days, an irate mob on Monday indulged in arson and brick-batting in Jyotibaphule Nagar district.
The crowd, protesting at the Sambhal crossing under Hasanpur police station area, indulged in brick-batting and set several vehicles including a roadways bus, a truck, a police jeep and two motorcycles on fire, IG (Law and Order) B P Singh said.
The police had to used mild force to control the mob and bring the situation under control, he said adding that 20 people have been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media