Mobiles, narcotics found in prisons in UP
Lucknow: Narcotics, mobile phones and
blades were recovered during raids carried out by police and
district officials in several jails in Uttar Pradesh today.
The state government ordered the raids in prisons
across the state two days after nine prisoners fled from the
Meerut Jail by scaling its wall.
Smack and other narcotic substances, mobile phones,
their chargers and blades were recovered during the raids,
The raids were conducted in Ghazipur, Hamirpur,
Sitapur, Faizabad, Basti, Azamgarh and other prisons, they
Nine prisoners, including seven convicts serving life
imprisonment, escaped from the Meerut Jail on Sunday night by
scaling its wall.
Taking a serious note of the incident, the state
government suspended 15 prison officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!
- Oscar Pistorius: Prosecutors seek longer sentence for tainted Paralympian
- 17.93 lakh candidates trained under PMKVY as on July 18
- NASA's new institute to explore ways to protect astronauts
- Finally! WhatsApp adds call back and voicemail features for Android