Mobiles, narcotics found in prisons in UP
Lucknow: Narcotics, mobile phones and
blades were recovered during raids carried out by police and
district officials in several jails in Uttar Pradesh today.
The state government ordered the raids in prisons
across the state two days after nine prisoners fled from the
Meerut Jail by scaling its wall.
Smack and other narcotic substances, mobile phones,
their chargers and blades were recovered during the raids,
The raids were conducted in Ghazipur, Hamirpur,
Sitapur, Faizabad, Basti, Azamgarh and other prisons, they
Nine prisoners, including seven convicts serving life
imprisonment, escaped from the Meerut Jail on Sunday night by
scaling its wall.
Taking a serious note of the incident, the state
government suspended 15 prison officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!