Model Code of Conduct problematic for candidates: Salman Khurshid
Farukhabad: Union Minister and local MP Salman Khurshid on Tuesday said due to Model Code of Conduct in place for Lok Sabha elections, the common man besides those in poll fray face a lot of difficulties and the matter should be discussed across party lines.
"Due to enforcement of model code of conduct during elections, besides contestants, common man have to face a lot of problems... All political parties should sit and discuss on reforms on the issue," the External Affairs Minister said.
He said at the time of elections, political parties raise this issue but later on ignore it.
After the Election Commission imposes the Model Code of Conduct, no new projects can be announced as it might be done to woo voters, a lot of development work remain pending besides other restrictions.
"Due to restrictions, common man have to face problems and that needs to be looked into," Khurshid added.
Asked about BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi contesting from Varanasi, Khurshid said the Congress would also give a candidate from the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'