Model Code of Conduct problematic for candidates: Salman Khurshid
Farukhabad: Union Minister and local MP Salman Khurshid on Tuesday said due to Model Code of Conduct in place for Lok Sabha elections, the common man besides those in poll fray face a lot of difficulties and the matter should be discussed across party lines.
"Due to enforcement of model code of conduct during elections, besides contestants, common man have to face a lot of problems... All political parties should sit and discuss on reforms on the issue," the External Affairs Minister said.
He said at the time of elections, political parties raise this issue but later on ignore it.
After the Election Commission imposes the Model Code of Conduct, no new projects can be announced as it might be done to woo voters, a lot of development work remain pending besides other restrictions.
"Due to restrictions, common man have to face problems and that needs to be looked into," Khurshid added.
Asked about BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi contesting from Varanasi, Khurshid said the Congress would also give a candidate from the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations