Model Code of Conduct problematic for candidates: Salman Khurshid
Farukhabad: Union Minister and local MP Salman Khurshid on Tuesday said due to Model Code of Conduct in place for Lok Sabha elections, the common man besides those in poll fray face a lot of difficulties and the matter should be discussed across party lines.
"Due to enforcement of model code of conduct during elections, besides contestants, common man have to face a lot of problems... All political parties should sit and discuss on reforms on the issue," the External Affairs Minister said.
He said at the time of elections, political parties raise this issue but later on ignore it.
After the Election Commission imposes the Model Code of Conduct, no new projects can be announced as it might be done to woo voters, a lot of development work remain pending besides other restrictions.
"Due to restrictions, common man have to face problems and that needs to be looked into," Khurshid added.
Asked about BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi contesting from Varanasi, Khurshid said the Congress would also give a candidate from the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...