Model Code violation case against RLD LS candidate
Muzaffarnagar: A case of violation of the election Model Code of Conduct has been registered against the Rashtriya Lok Dal candidate for Kairana constituency, Kartar Singh Bhadana,?and two others, police said.
Also, district authorities said that Rs 1.23 crore in cash was seized from a car in the area yesterday with the money suspected to be meant for use in the elections.
Bhadana was yesterday booked over allegations involving the holding of a dance by him at Jamalpur village during election campaigning.
Cases of Model Code violation were also registeted against BSP candidate Kawar Hasan and SP contestant Nahid Hasan yesterday in Shamli district, police added.
Meanwhile, city magistrate?VS Rai told reporters today that Rs 1.23 crore in cash was recovered from a car on Jansath Roard yesterday.
Police are questioning the accountant of one Luxmi Trading firm in connection with the seizure. It is being suspected that the cash was to be used in the election campaign. District authorities said they have informed Income Tax officials about the matter.
Election Commission has set a ceiling of Rs 50 lakh as the maximum sum of money which can be carried in cash ahead of the polls. Ferrying of any sum more than that in cash needs prior authorisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak