Model Code violation case against RLD LS candidate
Muzaffarnagar: A case of violation of the election Model Code of Conduct has been registered against the Rashtriya Lok Dal candidate for Kairana constituency, Kartar Singh Bhadana,?and two others, police said.
Also, district authorities said that Rs 1.23 crore in cash was seized from a car in the area yesterday with the money suspected to be meant for use in the elections.
Bhadana was yesterday booked over allegations involving the holding of a dance by him at Jamalpur village during election campaigning.
Cases of Model Code violation were also registeted against BSP candidate Kawar Hasan and SP contestant Nahid Hasan yesterday in Shamli district, police added.
Meanwhile, city magistrate?VS Rai told reporters today that Rs 1.23 crore in cash was recovered from a car on Jansath Roard yesterday.
Police are questioning the accountant of one Luxmi Trading firm in connection with the seizure. It is being suspected that the cash was to be used in the election campaign. District authorities said they have informed Income Tax officials about the matter.
Election Commission has set a ceiling of Rs 50 lakh as the maximum sum of money which can be carried in cash ahead of the polls. Ferrying of any sum more than that in cash needs prior authorisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report