Modi to hold series of public meetings in UP: BJP leader
Allahabad: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will hold a series of public rallies in Uttar Pradesh and no part of this crucial state is likely to remain untouched during his poll campaign, a party leader on Monday said.
Senior party leader Siddharth Nath Singh also said that if Modi contests from Uttar Pradesh, "it would be the greatest blessing" as the party will then stand a big chance to revive itself in the state.
"Lok Sabha polls are several months away and the schedule of rallies announced recently covers only October-November months. There are bound to be many more rallies of our favourite leader in UP in the months to come. It is unlikely that he will leave any part of the state uncovered," Singh, grandson of former prime minister Lal Bahadur Shastri, said.
He was responding to a query regarding Allahabad, home to party stalwart Murli Manohar Joshi and VHP heavyweight Ashok Singhal, not figuring in the list of venues for Modi`s scheduled rallies.
Singh announced that he will be organising a "Kisan Jagran Yatra" here on October 02, the birth anniversary of former PM Shastri, and it will be flagged off in presence of BJP`s Deputy Leader in Rajya Sabha, Ravishankar Prasad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award