Modi to hold series of public meetings in UP: BJP leader
Allahabad: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will hold a series of public rallies in Uttar Pradesh and no part of this crucial state is likely to remain untouched during his poll campaign, a party leader on Monday said.
Senior party leader Siddharth Nath Singh also said that if Modi contests from Uttar Pradesh, "it would be the greatest blessing" as the party will then stand a big chance to revive itself in the state.
"Lok Sabha polls are several months away and the schedule of rallies announced recently covers only October-November months. There are bound to be many more rallies of our favourite leader in UP in the months to come. It is unlikely that he will leave any part of the state uncovered," Singh, grandson of former prime minister Lal Bahadur Shastri, said.
He was responding to a query regarding Allahabad, home to party stalwart Murli Manohar Joshi and VHP heavyweight Ashok Singhal, not figuring in the list of venues for Modi`s scheduled rallies.
Singh announced that he will be organising a "Kisan Jagran Yatra" here on October 02, the birth anniversary of former PM Shastri, and it will be flagged off in presence of BJP`s Deputy Leader in Rajya Sabha, Ravishankar Prasad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MHADA lottery 2016: Now, book your dream home in Mumbai, MHADA online form available here
- 10-wicket haul vs Pakistan or bowling with a broken jaw: Which is your favourite Anil Kumble moment?
- UP Basic Training Certificates: Registration opens for 2-year BTC diploma course for filling assistant teachers' jobs
- Vashu Bhagnani wants Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda to appear in 'Bade Miyan Chote Miyan' remake
- Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol's epic romance continues to rule the Internet! – Here's how