Modi unlikely to attend Maha Kumbh
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is unlikely to attend the Kumbh Mela in Allahabad on February 12, apparently due to "security reasons", sources said on Saturday.
Earlier, sources had indicated that Modi will be travelling to Allahabad on February 12 to take a holy dip at the ongoing religious congregation.
"There is a question mark on the visit of the Chief Minister to Allahabad now. It seems that the rethink is due to security reasons," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit