Modi unlikely to attend Maha Kumbh
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is unlikely to attend the Kumbh Mela in Allahabad on February 12, apparently due to "security reasons", sources said on Saturday.
Earlier, sources had indicated that Modi will be travelling to Allahabad on February 12 to take a holy dip at the ongoing religious congregation.
"There is a question mark on the visit of the Chief Minister to Allahabad now. It seems that the rethink is due to security reasons," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video