Money laundering case: ‘No proof against Amar Singh, Amitabh Bachchan’
Kanpur: An official probe has found no evidence against Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan, former SP leader Amar Singh and his wife in the 2009 fraud and money laundering case against them.
District authorities in their report to the Uttar Pradesh government have said the case against the four accused does not hold as no proof was found against them.
District Magistrate Sameer Verma said, "The report on the case against Amar Singh, his wife Pankaja, Amitabh Bachchan and Ashok Chaturvedi was sent to the state government yesterday."
Kanpur SSP Yashasvi Yadav said a final report on this matter had been given by former SSP Amitabh Yash.
"On the basis of that report, I have also sent a report saying there is no proof against Amar Singh and other accused," Yashasvi said.
When asked if Verma had given a clean chit to the four accused, he said, "Who am I to give them clean chit? I had been asked by the state government to submit a report which I have done. Now, the state government has to decide."
On being asked about the contents of the report, he said, "I can`t disclose anything to the media as the report is confidential."
Meanwhile, Shiva Kant Tripathi, who registered the case on October 15, 2009, against Amar, Amitabh and the others said, "I had already submitted a protest application in the court where the case is going on because I was apprehensive that the state government could close it."
Besides this, Tripathi said he also filed a petition in the Allahabad High court in which he requested the court to monitor this case.
In the case, Tripathi had alleged that Amar Singh in his capacity as chairman of UP Development Council during last SP regime, had misused his position for personal benefit. He had also charged Amar, Amitabh and others with money laundering.
Tripathi said the district officials may have sent their report to the government, but the case would not be closed without hearing his arguments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan