Monsoon advances in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Moderate to heavy rains lashed parts of eastern Uttar Pradesh and conditions are favourable for further advance of monsoon in the next three days.
Heavy rains were also experienced in a couple of places over western region in Moradabad division.
Thukurdwara (Moradabad) recorded 14 cm rainfall, Neemsar (Sitapur) 2 cm, Varanasi and Malihabad (Lucknow )-1 cm each.
Mercury fell appreciably in Allahabad and Meerut divisions but there was little movement in the rest of the state. Temperatures were below normal in Moradabad, Allahabad divisions, below normal in Lucknow, Jhansi, Meerut divisions and were normal in the remaining divisions of the state.
The highest maximum temperature was 40.3 degree Celsius in Agra.
The Met office has forecast rain or thundershowers at many places over the state.
Conditions are favourable for further advance of monsoon in the remaining parts of the state during the next three days, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why