Monsoon advances in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Moderate to heavy rains lashed parts of eastern Uttar Pradesh and conditions are favourable for further advance of monsoon in the next three days.
Heavy rains were also experienced in a couple of places over western region in Moradabad division.
Thukurdwara (Moradabad) recorded 14 cm rainfall, Neemsar (Sitapur) 2 cm, Varanasi and Malihabad (Lucknow )-1 cm each.
Mercury fell appreciably in Allahabad and Meerut divisions but there was little movement in the rest of the state. Temperatures were below normal in Moradabad, Allahabad divisions, below normal in Lucknow, Jhansi, Meerut divisions and were normal in the remaining divisions of the state.
The highest maximum temperature was 40.3 degree Celsius in Agra.
The Met office has forecast rain or thundershowers at many places over the state.
Conditions are favourable for further advance of monsoon in the remaining parts of the state during the next three days, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?