Monsoon showers bring relief to UP
Lucknow: The temperatures in the sun-scorched Uttar Pradesh went down considerably Saturday with heavy to moderate rains reported from most parts of the state.
The state received heavy rains late Friday night, bringing down the temperature below 28 degrees Celsius, six degrees below normal.
The weather office has forecast more rains across the state.
According to State Met director J.P. Gupta, rain and thundershowers would occur at many places in the state in the next 24 hours.
"An upper air cyclonic circulation is presently over central UP and a trough line (a group of small cyclonic circulations) is also passing throughout the state," Gupta said.
With rains lashing most parts of the state, the average temperature which hovered around 43 degrees Celsius, fell to 35 degrees Celsius on an average, weather officials said.
Varanasi Friday recorded the highest rainfall of 90 mm followed by Bahraich with 54 mm. Districts like Basti, Lakhimpur Kheri, Kanpur, Sultanpur, Allahabad, Mirzapur, Jaunpur and Chitrakoot recorded 50 mm average rainfall.
Rains have also been reported from western parts of Uttar Pradesh, including the National Capital Region (NCR).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!