Monsoon to hit Lucknow soon
Lucknow: Monsoon will hit Uttar Pradesh`s capital within next two days, the Met Office said on Thursday.
After a delay of 13 days, monsoon will arrive in Lucknow and other parts of eastern and western Uttar Pradesh on July 4, said the met officials.
"The worst is over and very soon the sky would open up in full force," JP Gupta, regional met director, told a news agency.
The "northern limit" had traversed Lucknow on Tuesday but it was weak. This would, however, be strengthened and monsoon would gather force within next two days.
After a brief spell of rains on Tuesday, the weather turned humid and muggy on Wednesday with humidity touching a high of 90 percent.
Wednesday`s maximum temperature settled at 38.6 degrees Celsius, three notches above the season`s average and the minimum temperature was 25 degrees Celsius, two notches below the average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ensure single point contact for black money disclosures: CBDT
- 'Incentives announced for textiles will help create jobs'
- REVEALED: ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi's mansion has swimming pool, private zoo - Know more here
- Now ''like'' 360-degree videos in VR on Facebook
- Watch video: Perth zoo rejoices arrival of first Goodfellow's tree kangaroo in thirty-six years!