Moradabad: Five dead, seven injured as earth caves in
Moradabad (UP): Five persons, including four
children, were on Thursday killed when earth caved in while they
were digging the bed of a dry pond at a village in the
A girl was among the four children, in the 7-8 age group,
who died after they came under chunks of loose earth that fell
on them at village Bagha, 15 kms from here, DIG Moradabad
Badri Prasad said.
The fifth victim was a 20-year-old woman, he said.
"Seven people who were seriously injured have been
admitted to different hospitals," he said.
Moradabad District Magistrate S C Sharma said a special
awareness drive will be launched soon to apprise the people of
the dangers associated with digging dry ponds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH