Moradabad: Five dead, seven injured as earth caves in
Moradabad (UP): Five persons, including four
children, were on Thursday killed when earth caved in while they
were digging the bed of a dry pond at a village in the
A girl was among the four children, in the 7-8 age group,
who died after they came under chunks of loose earth that fell
on them at village Bagha, 15 kms from here, DIG Moradabad
Badri Prasad said.
The fifth victim was a 20-year-old woman, he said.
"Seven people who were seriously injured have been
admitted to different hospitals," he said.
Moradabad District Magistrate S C Sharma said a special
awareness drive will be launched soon to apprise the people of
the dangers associated with digging dry ponds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth