Moradabad situation normal, Azhar appeals for calm
Moradabad (UP): Situation in the city is
returning to normal as curfew was relaxed on the third
consecutive day on Saturday.
"District administration has been asked to maintain vigil
in the city and people are also cooperating," District
Magistrate Sameer Verma said.
Moradabad MP and former skipper Mohammed Azhar-Ud-DIn
arrived Moradabad yesterday, and appealed to the people of the
city to remain calm and asked them to not to react to any
"I have asked the district administration not to arrest
any innocent person and deal with the situation with
sensitivity," said the MP.
Curfew was imposed in six police station areas of the
city after a group of `kanwarias` set afire some vehicles and
pelted stones at a factory unit where people were offering
Ramzan prayers on August 6.
The `kanwarias` apparently got angry when their
procession route was changed.
Eleven people were injured in the violence, of whom one
has been referred to a Delhi hospital while two others are
undergoing treatment at the district hospital.
Following which, at least 50 people were arrested and
curfew was imposed and hundreds of security personnel were
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?