Moradabad situation normal, Azhar appeals for calm
Moradabad (UP): Situation in the city is
returning to normal as curfew was relaxed on the third
consecutive day on Saturday.
"District administration has been asked to maintain vigil
in the city and people are also cooperating," District
Magistrate Sameer Verma said.
Moradabad MP and former skipper Mohammed Azhar-Ud-DIn
arrived Moradabad yesterday, and appealed to the people of the
city to remain calm and asked them to not to react to any
"I have asked the district administration not to arrest
any innocent person and deal with the situation with
sensitivity," said the MP.
Curfew was imposed in six police station areas of the
city after a group of `kanwarias` set afire some vehicles and
pelted stones at a factory unit where people were offering
Ramzan prayers on August 6.
The `kanwarias` apparently got angry when their
procession route was changed.
Eleven people were injured in the violence, of whom one
has been referred to a Delhi hospital while two others are
undergoing treatment at the district hospital.
Following which, at least 50 people were arrested and
curfew was imposed and hundreds of security personnel were
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!