More dreams crumble in Noida Extension
Lucknow: In yet another blow to private builders, property buyers and the Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA), the Allahabad High Court on Tuesday nullified acquisition of nearly 600 hectares of land in two villages of the popular Noida Extension. The judgment is a big jolt to the Mayawati govt.
Providing relief to farmers while dealing with a batch of their petitions -- a division bench comprising of Justice Sunil Ambawani and Justice SS Tiwari -- declared the acquisition of 589.13 hectares of land in Patwari village Dewla villages as null and void.
The order, which follows the one on the neighbouring Shahberi village, could affect several housing projects in the area. Builders like Amarapali, Supertech, Panchsheel, Gayatri and Stellar will be affected.
Several builders have launched their housing projects in Patwari village and hundreds of people have made bookings in the upcoming dwelling units, some of which are either in various phases of construction or in the drawing board stage.
Greater Noida Authority had acquired nearly 589 hectares land from farmers in Patwari village and sold it to builders for constructing residential units in 2008.
The High Court was of the view that since the land was acquired for residential purposes, there was "no urgency involved" and hence "acquisition should not have taken place without giving the affected parties an opportunity for hearing, which would have facilitated payment of adequate compensation".
Earlier, the Allahabad High court had cancelled acquisition of nearly 156 hectares of land from villagers and farmers of Shahberi village. The Supreme Court had upheld the High Court verdict earlier this month.
The Supreme Court had come down heavily on the state governments which had acquired land for public purpose but were later allotted to other beneficiaries.
As per reports, Chief Minister Mayawati has reacted to the judgment by sacking Noida development Authority CEO Mohinder Singh. He has been replaced with Balwinder Singh.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly