`More has to be done to improve law & order in UP`
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday acknowledged that more work has to be done to improve law and order in the state even as he said that electronic media often over-hype incidents.
"As far as law and order is concerned work has to be done on it....It is true when any incident takes place, TV channels over-hype it, Yadav told reporters on the sidelines of a business summit here.
Accusing media of blowing things out of proportion, he said, "I dont`t want to shield myself and UP, but the way you show the law and order is poor, I will like to request that please also show where situation is good."
On the last month`s robbery at the Muthoot Finance at Alambagh here, he said, "The incident was a major one and the entire case was worked out."
The CM said that yesterday he met the president of the World Bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday