`More has to be done to improve law & order in UP`
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday acknowledged that more work has to be done to improve law and order in the state even as he said that electronic media often over-hype incidents.
"As far as law and order is concerned work has to be done on it....It is true when any incident takes place, TV channels over-hype it, Yadav told reporters on the sidelines of a business summit here.
Accusing media of blowing things out of proportion, he said, "I dont`t want to shield myself and UP, but the way you show the law and order is poor, I will like to request that please also show where situation is good."
On the last month`s robbery at the Muthoot Finance at Alambagh here, he said, "The incident was a major one and the entire case was worked out."
The CM said that yesterday he met the president of the World Bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh