More ministers of BSP regime may land up in jail: UP CM
Lucknow: Amidst reports of state`s vigilance department seeking permission for further action against former BSP ministers, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said some more ministers of the previous regime could land up in jail.
"Some ministers of the Mayawati government are in jail and some more can go there...Action will be taken on some more ministers who are accused of wrongdoings," Yadav said to queries over Vigilance department seeking permission for filing FIR against five and charge sheet against three others.
"How many ministers of the previous government will go to jail cannot be spelt out as of now," he said in reply to another question.
According to official sources, Vigilance department has sought permission from the government to file charge sheet against three former ministers of the BSP government - Rangnath Misra, Avadhpal and Badshah Singh - on various charges, including those under Prevention of Corruption Act.
The department has also sought permission to lodge FIR and conduct probe against five other former ministers - Chandra Dev, Naseemuddin Siddiqui, Ramvir Upadhyay, Rakesh Dhar Tripathi and Babu Singh Kushwaha.
Vigilance department has already lodged a case against another former minister Ram Achal Rajbhar and investigations are on.
Lokayukta NK Mehrotra had investigated charges against these ministers and found these prima facie correct.
In his report to the Chief Minister, he had recommended formal investigation by the Vigilance and other agencies. The government had then handed over the inquiry to the Vigilance department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Sensex gains 3.5% post Rexit announcement: Report
- Subramanian Swamy tries to raise Mahatma Gandhi's assassination issue in RS
- AAP to woo Dalits by bringing separate ''Dalit manifesto'' in Punjab
- 'Masaan' will always be a special film for me: Richa Chadha
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07