More ministers of BSP regime may land up in jail: UP CM
Lucknow: Amidst reports of state`s vigilance department seeking permission for further action against former BSP ministers, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said some more ministers of the previous regime could land up in jail.
"Some ministers of the Mayawati government are in jail and some more can go there...Action will be taken on some more ministers who are accused of wrongdoings," Yadav said to queries over Vigilance department seeking permission for filing FIR against five and charge sheet against three others.
"How many ministers of the previous government will go to jail cannot be spelt out as of now," he said in reply to another question.
According to official sources, Vigilance department has sought permission from the government to file charge sheet against three former ministers of the BSP government - Rangnath Misra, Avadhpal and Badshah Singh - on various charges, including those under Prevention of Corruption Act.
The department has also sought permission to lodge FIR and conduct probe against five other former ministers - Chandra Dev, Naseemuddin Siddiqui, Ramvir Upadhyay, Rakesh Dhar Tripathi and Babu Singh Kushwaha.
Vigilance department has already lodged a case against another former minister Ram Achal Rajbhar and investigations are on.
Lokayukta NK Mehrotra had investigated charges against these ministers and found these prima facie correct.
In his report to the Chief Minister, he had recommended formal investigation by the Vigilance and other agencies. The government had then handed over the inquiry to the Vigilance department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?