More subsidized grain for Maha Kumbh pilgrims
New Delhi: The government Wednesday allotted additional foodgrain at subsidized rates for the pilgrims visiting the Maha Kumbh in Allahabad January-March 2013.
Finance Minister P. Chidambaram said the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) allotted an additional 16,200 tonnes of wheat and 9,600 tonnes of rice at subsidized rates to the Uttar Pradesh government for distribution.
Briefing reporters after a CCEA meeting chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,Chidambaram said the central government had earlier granted Rs.800 crore to the state to make necessary arrangements for the Maha Kumbh and that the additional foodgrain allocation would cost the government Rs.40.6 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi