More violence in Muzaffarnagar, tension prevails
Muzaffarnagar: Tension prevailed after four students from a community were beaten up by a group of people in Jat colony here, sparking protests.
The trouble started when the four youths had gone for tuition classes in the colony last evening. A group of people allegedly attacked them claiming that they were indulging in eve-teasing, police said.
The boys were rescued by the police and were admitted to hospital.
Irate protesters laid a siege at a police station demanding action against those who had beaten up the boys.
Police have registered a case against 150 people for the violence and named three of them.
Superintendent of Police Sarvan Kumar told reporters here today that some people tried to block the road at Meenakshi Chowk here last evening but additional forces were rushed and the situation brought under control.
Security has been tightened and paramilitary personnel have been deployed in sensitive areas in Muzaffarnagar.
The western Uttar Pradesh district has witnessed a string of communal incidents since the riots in September last year that left over 60 people dead and hundreds of others displaced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan