Mother, daughter burnt alive by robbers
Etawah: Robbers allegedly burnt alive an elderly woman and her daughter before looting valuables worth lakhs of rupees from their house in Ram Leela Road area here.
The robbers last night locked Pramila Shukla (70) and her daughter Deepa (48) in a room and set it afire and then decamped with valuables, police said.
The mother and daughter lived alone in the house and the latter was working as a principal in a primary school.
In the morning when foul smell emanated from the house, the neighbours went inside and found the two dead, police said.
Police have launched a manhunt to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal