Mother, kids thrown out of truck; 2 die
Fatehpur: A three-year-old girl and her mother died here after being thrown out of a truck when the woman objected to advances of the driver, police said Friday.
According to the police, Rakesh (35) along with his wife Rajkumari, son Deepak (8) and daughter Teena (3) boarded a truck in Etawah for Fatehpur district.
The accused truck driver stopped at a roadside eatery and asked Rakesh to fetch some food, while his wife and two kids stayed back, they said.
In the meanwhile, the driver drove away with the woman and her two kids. He attempted to molest Rajkumari to which she objected.
The driver threw Teena out of the truck, while Rajkumari jumped out of the lorry with her son.
The mother-son duo was taken to a hospital where Rajkumari died during treatment, they said.
Police said the driver escaped with Rs 3,000, half kg silver and other belongings of the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi