Mother, kids thrown out of truck; 2 die
Fatehpur: A three-year-old girl and her mother died here after being thrown out of a truck when the woman objected to advances of the driver, police said Friday.
According to the police, Rakesh (35) along with his wife Rajkumari, son Deepak (8) and daughter Teena (3) boarded a truck in Etawah for Fatehpur district.
The accused truck driver stopped at a roadside eatery and asked Rakesh to fetch some food, while his wife and two kids stayed back, they said.
In the meanwhile, the driver drove away with the woman and her two kids. He attempted to molest Rajkumari to which she objected.
The driver threw Teena out of the truck, while Rajkumari jumped out of the lorry with her son.
The mother-son duo was taken to a hospital where Rajkumari died during treatment, they said.
Police said the driver escaped with Rs 3,000, half kg silver and other belongings of the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials