Mother, kids thrown out of truck; 2 die
Fatehpur: A three-year-old girl and her mother died here after being thrown out of a truck when the woman objected to advances of the driver, police said Friday.
According to the police, Rakesh (35) along with his wife Rajkumari, son Deepak (8) and daughter Teena (3) boarded a truck in Etawah for Fatehpur district.
The accused truck driver stopped at a roadside eatery and asked Rakesh to fetch some food, while his wife and two kids stayed back, they said.
In the meanwhile, the driver drove away with the woman and her two kids. He attempted to molest Rajkumari to which she objected.
The driver threw Teena out of the truck, while Rajkumari jumped out of the lorry with her son.
The mother-son duo was taken to a hospital where Rajkumari died during treatment, they said.
Police said the driver escaped with Rs 3,000, half kg silver and other belongings of the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list