Mother sets self, two kids ablaze
Agra: Denied permission by her husband to visit her parents on Raksha Bandhan, a woman in Fatehpur district, near here, doused herself and her two kids in kerosene and lit the match, police said Thursday.
A Fatehabad police official said the charred bodies of Sudama, 27, and her two children, Nisha, 4 and Karishma, 2, were found early Thursday in their house in Bilaipura village of Nibhora area in Fatehpur district, 30 km from Agra.
Sudama`s husband Devendra works as a labourer.
Police said inquiries were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir