Mothers kill daughters all for ‘honour’
Lucknow: In yet another case of dishonour
killing, two Muslim girls were killed allegedly by their
mothers for eloping with Hindu youths in Baghpat district of
Teenaged Zahida and Husna, aged 26, both residents of
Mughalpura, were tied with the cots and allegedly strangulated
by their mothers on Thursday night, police said.
Husna and 19-year-old Zahida recently eloped with two
Bihari youths and married them, they said.
The two girls came back to their locality on May 10
and approached police for security.
However, their mothers gave some undertakings in this
regard and the two girls were sent back to their homes by
"The two girls had been killed by their mothers along
with a woman," SP Pritinder Singh said.
Both Khatoon and Subrato, mothers of Zhadia and Husna
respectively, had been arrested.
"It is suspected that a few more people may be
involved in the killing and the case is being investigated,"
the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read