Mothers kill daughters all for ‘honour’
Lucknow: In yet another case of dishonour
killing, two Muslim girls were killed allegedly by their
mothers for eloping with Hindu youths in Baghpat district of
Teenaged Zahida and Husna, aged 26, both residents of
Mughalpura, were tied with the cots and allegedly strangulated
by their mothers on Thursday night, police said.
Husna and 19-year-old Zahida recently eloped with two
Bihari youths and married them, they said.
The two girls came back to their locality on May 10
and approached police for security.
However, their mothers gave some undertakings in this
regard and the two girls were sent back to their homes by
"The two girls had been killed by their mothers along
with a woman," SP Pritinder Singh said.
Both Khatoon and Subrato, mothers of Zhadia and Husna
respectively, had been arrested.
"It is suspected that a few more people may be
involved in the killing and the case is being investigated,"
the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video