Move to check illegal activities by police personnel on trains
Lucknow: In a bid to check illegal activities by police personnel on trains and in railway stations, Uttar Pradesh Government Railway Police (GRP) on Thursday launched `GRP Citizen Eye` in which a mobile number was issued for filing complaints.
"We have started `GRP Citizen Eye` service in which people can sent audios, videos and pictures of extortion by policemen wearing uniform, illegal vendors, problems related to irregularities in plying autos and tempos from stations through WhatsApp. The service will be available on mobile number 9454458064," IG of GRP Ashish Gupta said.
He said that strict action would be taken on genuine complaints.
Gupta said that an appeal has also been issued to people not to send their complaints related to crime on the `Citizen Eye` number as for them control room numbers were already in place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player