Move to check illegal activities by police personnel on trains
Lucknow: In a bid to check illegal activities by police personnel on trains and in railway stations, Uttar Pradesh Government Railway Police (GRP) on Thursday launched `GRP Citizen Eye` in which a mobile number was issued for filing complaints.
"We have started `GRP Citizen Eye` service in which people can sent audios, videos and pictures of extortion by policemen wearing uniform, illegal vendors, problems related to irregularities in plying autos and tempos from stations through WhatsApp. The service will be available on mobile number 9454458064," IG of GRP Ashish Gupta said.
He said that strict action would be taken on genuine complaints.
Gupta said that an appeal has also been issued to people not to send their complaints related to crime on the `Citizen Eye` number as for them control room numbers were already in place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- 'Some objects' spotted as search for missing IAF AN-32 aircraft enters sixth day
- Even Anushka Sharma failed to escape 'Pokemon Go' fever! Watch videos
- Pakistan a dependable ally, says British PM Theresa May
- Yes Bank gets Sebi nod for mutual fund, AMC business
- Canara Bank gets shareholders nod to raise up to Rs 2,000 cr