Move to check illegal activities by police personnel on trains
Lucknow: In a bid to check illegal activities by police personnel on trains and in railway stations, Uttar Pradesh Government Railway Police (GRP) on Thursday launched `GRP Citizen Eye` in which a mobile number was issued for filing complaints.
"We have started `GRP Citizen Eye` service in which people can sent audios, videos and pictures of extortion by policemen wearing uniform, illegal vendors, problems related to irregularities in plying autos and tempos from stations through WhatsApp. The service will be available on mobile number 9454458064," IG of GRP Ashish Gupta said.
He said that strict action would be taken on genuine complaints.
Gupta said that an appeal has also been issued to people not to send their complaints related to crime on the `Citizen Eye` number as for them control room numbers were already in place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Kanhaiya, two others granted regular bail in sedition case
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams