Move to check illegal activities by police personnel on trains
Lucknow: In a bid to check illegal activities by police personnel on trains and in railway stations, Uttar Pradesh Government Railway Police (GRP) on Thursday launched `GRP Citizen Eye` in which a mobile number was issued for filing complaints.
"We have started `GRP Citizen Eye` service in which people can sent audios, videos and pictures of extortion by policemen wearing uniform, illegal vendors, problems related to irregularities in plying autos and tempos from stations through WhatsApp. The service will be available on mobile number 9454458064," IG of GRP Ashish Gupta said.
He said that strict action would be taken on genuine complaints.
Gupta said that an appeal has also been issued to people not to send their complaints related to crime on the `Citizen Eye` number as for them control room numbers were already in place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?