MP stampede: UP CM announces Rs 2 lakh for kin of those killed
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announced Rs 2 lakh each for the kin of those killed in a stampede at a temple in Madhya Pradesh on Monday.
"The CM has announced Rs 2 lakh each for the kin of those killed in the stampede in Chitrakoot in Madhya Pradesh, while Rs 50,000 each for those who injured in the incident," an official release said here.
Chitrakoot is spread over the states of Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
The CM, while condoling the deaths, directed officials to ensure effective treatment of the injured.
At least 10 persons were killed and several others injured in the stampeded during `parikrama` at Kamtanath Pahad Temple in Madhya Pradesh today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday