Mulayam asks district party presidents to perform
Lucknow: Sending a strict message, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Friday warned over a dozen district party presidents of removal from their posts if they showed laxity in preparation for Lok Sabha polls.
"The Lok Sabha polls are near and you all should work seriously in your districts to ensure that the party wins the maximum number of seats. I can take action against 15 district presidents, who are on my radar for not taking party work seriously", Mulayam, according to a district president, said in the meeting.
The meeting of all district presidents and general secretaries was organised at the SP headquarters here to review poll preparedness and discuss the names of prospective candidates.
Mulayam said that the names of Lok Sabha candidates of the party were under consideration and would be announced soon so that they could get time for preparation.
Chief Minister and the party`s state president Akhilesh Yadav was also present in the meeting in which party office bearers were advised to remain disciplined so that it did not affect the image of the government.
"Lok Sabha polls can be held soon. Our target should be to win at least 60 out of 80 seats in UP to have our say at the Centre", Mulayam said, adding, the Akhilesh government was doing a good job and promises made in the manifesto were being fulfilled.
Accepting that the power crisis in the state was a challenge, Mulayam said, the state government had taken measures, which would help in increasing power production in the days to come.
Akhilesh advised party office bearers to devote time to the people and hear their grievances and forward it to the administration for redressal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray