Mulayam asks partymen to gear up for mid-term polls in UP
Lucknow: Accusing the Centre and UP
government of being hand in glove on price rise issue,
Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday said there
was possibility of mid-term election in the state.
"People, who are taking a beating due to price rise
due to connivance of the two governments, should remain
prepared for a unified protest on the issue on April 27,"
Yadav said while addressing a meeting of state executive and
Legislative Party at SP headquarters here.
"There is a possibility of mid-term elections in the
state, therefore party leaders and workers should go among the
people," he said.
He alleged that the Centre and the state have made
education and health facilities expensive which has hit poor
and middle class badly.
"Take support of all sections including industrial and
business establishments, teachers, students, youths, traders,
farmers, lawyers and workers in this strike, but there should
be no violence," the SP supremo directed the party leaders
He said that as women were most affected, they should
actively participate in the strike.
Yadav claimed that only his party was fighting for the
cause of backward, minorities and Dalit women.
State president Akhilesh Yadav said that the proposed
strike was against both the central and state governments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them