Mulayam asks son to implement manifesto
Lucknow: Apprehending early general
elections, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Friday asked Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to implement the party manifesto and bring visible changes within six
"Changes should be visible in six months and the
manifesto should be implemented within a year as there is no
guarantee when Lok Sabha elections are announced after that,"
Mulayam said addressing party leaders and workers at a
function to mark the 102nd anniversary of Dr Ram Manohar Lohia
"Lohia considered betrayal of promises as corruption," he
said advising early implementation of the manifesto.
The SP supremo said that he did not become the Chief
Minister as he wanted to monitor the working of the government
while remaining among party workers.
He asked Akhilesh that people should get time for direct
meeting with the CM even if it is only for an hour in a week.
Akhilesh said that people have given the SP a chance to
serve by giving a majority and the party would try to prove
He said that the government would take decisions by
keeping farmers, poor and villagers at the centre.
Commenting on the previous Mayawati government, Akhilesh
said, "the government which has been removed used to construct
parks of stone and install statues of a living CM...our
government will not do any such thing".
He said that UP has lagged behind in every sector,
including roads, education and health.
Alleging rampant corruption and price rise in the
previous government, the CM said that SP has to come true on
the expectations of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda