Mulayam assures of fulfilling election promises at earliest
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav on Monday said efforts was on to fulfill all the promises made in manifesto at the earliest.
"Though the election promises have been made for five years but efforts were on to fulfil them at the earliest," Yadav said.
"In keeping with the Sachchar Committee report that the condition of Muslims was worse than Scheduled Castes and tribes, the decision to distribute Rs 30,000 to class X pass girls for further studies or marriage has already been taken, only the date to start it has to be finalised," Yadav told party workers.
"Help is being provided to the madarsas belonging to the minority community and boundary walls are coming up around graveyards," Yadav was quoted as saying in a party release.
He said that new industrial and infrastructure policy has been made so as to attract investment and works on basic facilities as power, road and water is on.
The SP chief said major decisions have been taken in the health sector and people were getting free medicines in hospitals besides free medical treatment is also being provided free of cost.
Yadav assured the workers that their problems would be resolved and their honour and respect would be ensured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400