Mulayam attacks Congress over foreign policy
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday said that policies of Congress-led Central government have failed both at the national and international levels and alleged that the party does not follow any policy and its sole aim is gaining power.
"Countries which had gained freedom with India are far ahead of us in the field of development. Inflation has gone up and corruption has broken all records (in India). Besides, China has taken over large area of our land... All this is the result of wavering policies," Yadav said during a programme of the advocates cell of his party.
"For resolving differences, besides strong resolve, diplomacy is also required... But the policies of our central government, both at the national and international level, have been a failure," he said, adding, "Actually Congress does not follow policy, its aim is only to gain power."
Yadav, whose Samajawadi Party is giving outside support to the UPA government, said the Central government has failed to protect the borders, control inflation and corruption.
"Because of wavering foreign policy, it is deprived of friends even in its neighbourhood," he said.
Attacking BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Yadav said that he should desist from giving wrong statements.
"He has not yet replied to my question on whether schemes like (those in) UP are being run in his state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department