Mulayam day-dreaming of becoming PM: Beni Prasad
Lucknow: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Monday attacked Samajwadi Party (SP) supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav`s "prime ministerial ambitions", saying it would never happen.
Speaking on the sidelines of a function at Barabanki, 30 km from here, he said Mulayam Singh, his one-time-friend and colleague was "day dreaming" of clinching the Prime Minister`s chair.
Reacting to the statement of Mulayam Singh last week when he had exhorted SP workers to work to get 60 seats in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Verma said: "This is never going to happen."
Asked to comment on the performance of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, the minister refrained from speaking out against him saying he was "like a son" but put the blame of the "sorry state of governance" on his father Mulayam Singh.
"Mulayam Singh Yadav interferes in governance all the time, in such a situation how can a government function properly," he said.
Asked to comment on Verma`s statements, SP leaders chose not to react and said the political standing of Verma had been exposed in the 2012 Assembly Elections when he claimed the Congress will storm to power.
The result, a senior SP leader said, was for all to see as Verma could not secure a single seat for Congress in his bastion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?