Mulayam eyes Centre, claims to form govt in 2014
Lucknow: Claiming that his party could come to power at the Centre, Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday said the present political equations indicate that both Congress and BJP would not be able to get a majority in the 2014 general election.
He hinted that third front could form a government.
"The present equations indicate that both the national parties- Congress and the BJP- would not be able to get majority and in many states it is the third front which appears to be winning," the former chief minister said.
Uttar Pradesh would play an important role in the coming elections and it is the responsibility of SP workers and leaders to help the party win 60 seats, he said.
By winning maximum seats in the Lok Sabha, party would maintain its upper hand, he said adding that "it could also come to power at the Centre."
He asked party workers to maintain decorum and help find solutions to the problems faced by the people.
"The workers should behave properly and become a partner in resolving problems of the common people...If the image of the party and the government remains good, it will gain confidence of the people," Yadav was quoted as telling his workers in a party release.
On the election promises, he said that distribution of unemployment allowance and `Kanya Vidyadhan Yojna` would start soon and the promise to provide free irrigation water would also be fulfilled.
Asking the workers to remain prepared for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Yadav said the people of the state have given a historic mandate to the Samajwadi Party which has stunned the entire nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!